[meteorite-list] Largest Meteorite Collection

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 21 19:30:28 2005

Don't think so.
It is a fact that unknown find datas lead to a lower collector's value.
I even would go further as many little single stones (sometimes from the
same material) were purchased and classified/numbered so that bonus points
for the percentage of the specimen of the known weight shouldn't be added.

I fear you have to open two new rubrics.

Fall
Find
and additional:

Purchased
Desert find
The latter for desert finds with proper data and documentation, where the
rules for tkw and percentage should be modified,
as one can't (yet) compare a 2kg Oman OC with a 2kg Oklahoma find.
Where the Franconia mess belongs to? I don't know.
Uuuuh waht to do with the view Antarctics, which came out?
On the other hand, the CRW Kichinka suggested is not easy to determine.

Martin B. le Bue.