[meteorite-list] Another LL3 of interest

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 25 14:16:30 2005

Bernd,
        LOVE your run downs on my favorite rocks - those from space.
Wanny try lookin at this one I haven't cut yet?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/331010911/331012667IzQzQW

It is the remaining mass of 106g of an LL3.2. The TKW was 126g, with 20g
sent to Ted Bunch for analysis. It came out of Africa about 2 or 3 years
ago, so there won't be any "paired" specimens coming after it. Ted Bunch
described it as: NWA 2769 126 1 LL3.2 S2 W2
1-37.2; Cr2O3 ? 0.04 ? 0.67 wt %
Only some of which I understand. I got the following:
NWA 2769 is the name
126 is the TKW
1 is the number of specimens
LL3.2 is the classification, which I think is pretty rare - (you know how
many?)
S2 = shock grade 2
W2 =weathering grade 2,
but the rest is a bit cryptic.... Sure is PRETTY!
        Any of your expertise would be appreciated and enjoyed.
        Best wishes, Michael

on 4/25/05 8:21 AM, bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de at bernd.pauli@paulinet.de

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen