[meteorite-list] Re: Where did she fall?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 25 17:58:02 2005

For most people, an actual fall is pretty disconnected from a fireball,
coming several minutes later. And most witnesses saw the fireball lower in
the sky, so they weren't near any possible impact area.

All in all, there is a lot more area without people than with them. A few
small pieces coming down in the dark could very easily be overlooked in the
middle of a city, let alone in the large tracts of rural land in that part
of the country.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory