[meteorite-list] items of interest/sale update -----> my ADDeport(a) tkw 604grams only

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 26 12:11:00 2005

Iiiih, how romantic,
it's because of my poor english, I found in the dictionnary: lute.
I mean this grey plasticine-like stuff.
Multiple choice, tell me the right vocable:

lute
luting
cement
mastic
putty
sticky mineral clay (that sounds more suitable for natural born
Millbillillies...)

Nevertheless the warning is very necessary. Especially those new collectors,
who collected minerals before and are used to fix their specimens with that
stuff, have to be warned.
I posted a warning to the German meteorite list too and got a desperate
feedback from a collector, who was examining now his collection - and
several of the specimens, also expensive ones, are ruined!!
All you can do, is to grind down, the afflicted parts. Imagine to have an
historical achondrite slice, where you have to grind down 2mm....not so
nice, is it?

Buckleboo!
Martin