[meteorite-list] Proslicer .006 or .012 in. Kerf

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 26 17:20:59 2005

.012 is your standard size and what you use on most
chondrites. Solid easy to control blade an dnot to
thick.
I also use the .06 blades but they are flimsy and
harder to control and are a lot more work to use. They
also dont last as long.
But if it is higher value material the .06 blades
might be better as you have less cut loss (As long as
the cut is good enough that you dont lose more
material to make a smooth surface if you polish it.
My advice is to buy a couple of each and try them out
first and then when you decide what you like best you
can buy in bulk to save money.
I always try and have a supply of both always
available.
Cheers
DEAN

http://www.frontiernet.net/~peregrineflier/Peregrineflier.htm