[meteorite-list] Tom's first Franconia meteorite

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 29 15:17:07 2005

Hi Tom,

Congrats on your first Franconia meteorite find! (See -- I ~told~
you you should be going there whenever you get a chance!) The fairly
large metal veins are diagnostic for Franconia H5.

You had better luck than I on my last trip there March 31. Left at
1 am from California, started hunting at 6 am after a breakfast/gas
stop at good 'ole exit 9, spent 11+ hours in the field, and then
drove home. A long 21-hour "day". The drive always seems that
much longer when you come home empty-handed, but at least I got
some photos of the horned lizard and some of those giant yellow
caterpillars that are at Franconia by the thousands). Also had a
nice visit with Jim Smaller and Dennis Wells who always seem to
be there when I am!

Cheers,
Rob