[meteorite-list] Stupid Blog and people with no lives

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 30 13:05:16 2005

Dean and all.
That Blog is a total waste of time unless you are a total loser who enjoys
gossip and lies meant to do nothing but cause harm to other people. I have
been attacked in every way possible there, as have just about every other
dealer and collector known.
Also at issue, we have some people in a tight spot in a Middle Eastern
country, and idiots on there are calling for them to be beheaded. We are not
children, we are (mostly) adults. This kind of thing is meant for adolescent
immature people who can not interact with humans any way other then using
fake names to harass people.
    I have to read some of it as people are always calling me telling me the
newest BS written about me.
The latest topic is why I am selling my collection and that I am in
meteorites for nothing but the money.
What a crock of crap. The people in meteorites for the money do not have
collections that rival many museums. I have worked so hard for so many years
to build what I have from absolutely nothing. I did not come in with a
million $$$ and build an instant collection. It went from a shoebox to a
larger box, to a glass case sitting on my desk next to my computer to a
larger case, to a wall case, to a collection room, now to TWO collection
rooms!
I did all this through my own perseverance, and willingness to take risks
and put every cent I had in my pocket and fly to other countries to try and
get new falls. Which I did many times. Now, after acquiring one Lunar
meteorite, 3 martian meteorites, and find a new Lunar meteorite myself, I
get so much grief from people that I cant take it anymore. go read the blog
if you don't know what I mean, or read Matteo's emails, or the other drivel
on this list. It is getting old, so I am changing the direction of my life
(as if that is anyone's business). Yet on the blog there are already entire
topics devoted to slamming Dean and I.
    The meteorite market has been picking up very fast, sales are up, prices
are coming up, and supply is definitely falling off. I am not leaving the
business, just changing priorities. For the last 8 years, my entire #1
priority was the acquisition of meteorites for my collection. My new focus
will be my and my family's happiness, meteorites will be a portion of that,
but much smaller.
In doing this, I will not have to be concerned about what people say to try
and harm me, it will be a nuisance, not a crisis.
    My first suggestion is that people mind their own business and leave me
and Dean and anyone else no related to you out of your life. My issues are
not your issues (unless you have no life). My second suggestion is that
everyone boycott the blog. It will die on it's own without people reading it
and responding to it. I am done, say what you wish on there, it just proves
how useless your own lives are.
Everyone can stop calling me about it, I am no longer interested in the
"National Enquirer" of the meteorite world.
    A real man (or woman) for that matter, would say what they have to say
to the subjects face, and use their own name to do it.
Mike Farmer