[meteorite-list] Ebay Sales AD: Special Lunar Auction Ending

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 30 19:26:01 2005

Hi All,

I'm not doing this often, but I also would like to point you to a rather
special auction that will be ending in less than 24 hours. I'm auctioning
off the last substantial slice of the lunar meteorite Dhofar 908 that I will
sell from my personal stock, a 2.21g sample that is priced to sell. Have a
look at:

http://epsc.wustl.edu/admin/resources/meteorites/dhofar_locations.htm

Or do a search on Ebay for my seller's name "ivuna".

Even if you don't want to bid you might want to take a look. This slice is
rather special because it contains a huge anorthositic clast with dimensions
of about 10x12mm - one of the largest lithic clasts ever found in this lunar
meteorite. It also exhibits a rare shock vein running from the top of the
clast down to the lower right, making it an exceptional sample, available at
a bargain price (no bids yet, though). If it doesn't sell this time, I will
reserve it for a future trade, and that's it.

Hmm, maybe some people think that all material coming out of Oman is or was
illegally exported, and that it's therefore sold cheap? Now, don't believe
all this blogger's crap. As a novelty, and only for this special auction, I
will include a copy of our official export permit for the winning bidder.
Yeap, it's from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Sultanate of Oman,
and it has been signed by the Director of the General's Office of this
Ministry in Muscat. It's mostly in Arabic language, and it was issued in the
name of one of my fieldpartners. Choke on this, bloggers, and to all others:
bid with confidence ;-)

All the best,
Norbert
IMCA #7606