[meteorite-list] (AD) Art...delete me or SSteve from herenow! Thank you!

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 3 04:05:22 2005

But...
    The problem is: what is an offense, and how big of an offense is it, and
what should be done, and so forth. One can always argue about what offends, and
it's different for everybody.
    As for arguing about an offense, the List seems capable of doing that on its
own just fine! Mr. Arnold #2 has generated more emails than he ever sent.
Assigning responsibility for that, objectively, is murky.
    My guess is that a moderator that attempted to make those fine distinctions
for every email that offended somebody would soon be living on black coffee and
hiring a staff of full-time arbiters working in shifts around the clock. Soon
they would be setting up a coffee IV station, and... Well, it'd probably get out
of hand.
    I join the ranks of those who say and who have said before, if you don't
like an email, you know where to sent it, which big red button to push. Just
flush. Imagine that DEL stands for "DELiver to Hell," and you'll feel good when
you do it.
    The secret of life, the Trafalmagorians told Billy Pilgrim, is to remember
all the good stuff and to forget all the bad stuff. My Grandfather said much the
same thing. A similar principle applies to email. I like the variety, and use
the button (but not enough), both.

Sterling ("13,926 messages in my Inbox") Webb