[meteorite-list] List policies and ad posts thoughts

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Aug 5 09:37:17 2005

Hi Michael,

One of the difficult things on the list is the fact people post using a
thread and talking about something all together different. Although you
are right on as far as use the topic in the subject box, people tend to
stray off the topics when a new topic should be posted. I have been
guilty of this myself but try to stay on topic.

Why I suggested a more basic approach to try to keep topics in line.
Also it would be possible to use your filter system in a browser to move
ads (if you don't like them) into the trash or put items like scientific
conversation in another area that you could read. The only problem with
this approach it is as good as the members who honor the topics approach.

--AL Mitterling