[meteorite-list] STEVE'S ADS -- ONLY ONE

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 6 23:46:12 2005

Hi, All

    I don't doubt that those who received six, did
so. I only know that if a source sends six copies
of a given message to a distribution list, that all
members of that list should receive six copies if
they receive anything at all. QED.
    Mail-multiple viruses create multiple (infested)
copies that they may send right away, or sit on for
weeks. I frequently receive an "old" email, one I
already received weeks or months ago. I can't tell
you what's in them because they've been burned
clean by the time I get them.
    Once in a while, I get a "why did you send this
to me?" message from a list member because they
have had the same experience with one of my
List messages. Naturally, the virus "wants" there
to be six copies of itself in the MetList archives;
wouldn't you, if you were a virus? The MetList
is a prime target for a mail virus, being much
referenced.
    The virus doesn't have to be IN this or that
specific computer, just be able to inject itself
somewhere in the process of message transfer
and go to work from that initial point in order
to spread. It may have been cleaned out of the
initial point of entry by now; doesn't matter.
    As for "I can assure you I don't have a virus,"
Dream On. The best you can hope for is a Quick
Kill once it gets in. The biological analogy is apt.
You kill the germs that enter your person, but you
can't prevent entry without freeze-drying your body
and sealing it in a vacuum! A sterile one.
    Q: What percentage of the living cells in your
body are YOUR cells, and what percentage are
members of a species other than H. sapiens you?
    A: Nearly 95% of the living cells in your body
are NOT you. Fortunately, your 5% outweighs
the aliens and you are killing them as fast as you
can. So all is well. "I can assure you I don't have
any germs..." Guess again, but don't turn into
Howard Hughes.

Sterling Webb