[meteorite-list] Update: Captain Scott's meteorites

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 15 21:21:02 2005

In a message dated 8/15/2005 6:47:01 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
rsvp321_at_hotmail.com writes:
Speaking of Hidden Treasures, is the Vatican meteorite collection ever
displayed for the public? I think I read somewhere that this is the largest
private collection of meteorites in the world...

Off topic, and somewhat rhetorical, I wonder why the RC church would have
such a huge collection of items which contradicts their doctrine that the
universe is only 6,000 to 10,000 years old...

For a list of the largest collections go to this site:
       _http://www.jensenmeteorites.com/meteorite-collections.htm_
(http://www.jensenmeteorites.com/meteorite-collections.htm)

You will notice that the Vatican's collection is nowhere near the top.

As for your second question,
Excellent question! Sorry, but I don't have an answer.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.