[meteorite-list] Sikhote-Alin Documentary Update

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 20 04:02:30 2005

I finally got around to downloading this remarkable documentary. It's
incredible what the Russians were able to recover by largely manual labor,
owing to the ruggedness of the terrain. I now have new items to be on the
lookout for; I had no idea that metal spheroids (like those recovered from
Meteor Crater) and the thin, incredibly twisted shrapnel existed, as shown
in the first part of the documentary. The shrapnel reminded me of Imilac
metal skeletons, but obviously with a different source.

Thank you Sergey and Jeff for providing this translated film. It took me
back to the good old days of grade school, when we occasionally would get a
"treat" and watch an educational film rather than have to attend classes (at
least I thought the science films were a treat; I was a science nerdling
even then :)

Tracy Latimer