[meteorite-list] Something stange

From: Moser Francesco <cojack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 28 16:55:43 2005

Hi All,
some week ago I went to the home of the finder of many famous DaG meteorite,
like 489 669 670 671 and many more.
In DaG he found this strange volcanic bomb:

http://web.tiscali.it/francesco.moser/DSCN4101.JPG
http://web.tiscali.it/francesco.moser/DSCN4102.JPG
http://web.tiscali.it/francesco.moser/DSCN4103.JPG
http://web.tiscali.it/francesco.moser/DSCN4104.JPG
http://web.tiscali.it/francesco.moser/DSCN4105.JPG

As you can see on one side of this bomb there are some strange greenish
crystals.
At a first look this material looks like Libic Desert Glass!!!! Remember
that the DaG is several hundred Km far from the region of the Glass.
I think the crystals are too big to be terrestrial Olivine.
Can the Desert Glass be a normal terrestrial volcanic glass like Oxidian,
not
correlate with meteor impact??? Any idea ??
I hope I can show to you this amazing sample at the Munich Mineral Show.

Bye and thanks

<><><>

Francesco Moser
http://web.tiscali.it/francesco.moser/