[meteorite-list] Sahara 99555, a "Rosetta Stone"! OT: Tired of untruths!

From: Sergey Vasiliev <petrovich_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 31 17:44:54 2005

Luc,

You guys were not the only one team who started to collect meteorites in the
desert in 1997.
You were wrong at 1997 not to say the true to the meteorite community and
you are wrong now with Dirk.

"The relative coordinates are known, and that's enough to study pairing"
How do we can compare your finds and other's finds? You can compare only
your "relative" finds. Right?
What about if I say that you just bought the meteorites from Moroccans and
not found them you selves? And then just create a "relative" coordinates?
Want to proof that you did - say where! Let somebody else find something
exactly the same at the same place and then we will trust you!
The other teams were not afraid of competition and you can see that there
are several rare finds by competitors exactly at the places published by the
original finders.
You know it yourself. Recall Oman...

You are wrong, Luc. Sorry.

All the best,
Sergey

Dirk,

Yes, we changed our mind about publishing the coordinates of our meteorites
since we found the first ones in 1997, a long time before the rush to
meteorites in hot deserts. The relative coordinates are known, and that's
enough to study pairing. We've decided not to publish the rest yet in order
to protect these areas from people like you.

I noticed that you made no comment whatsoever about the article published in
Nature - and am comforted in my idea that you have little or no interest in
the scientific value of meteorites. If there is any fraud in the meteorite
community, it comes from people purchasing meteorites found by others and
giving them exotic names like Gan Gan, so it's easier to sell. Remember??

If you want to clean house and don't have anything constructive to publish
on this list, the best thing you can do is keep your petty comments and
infighting to yourself.

Sincerely,
Luc

Labenne Meteorites
Meteorites for Science, Education & Collectors
http://www.meteorites.tv

Sergey Vasiliev
U Dalnice 839
Prague 5, 15500