[meteorite-list] Tucson Meteorite Auction (ad)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 2 18:30:35 2005

Greetings fellow list members,
        The Tucson Meteorite Auction is nearly full. There are already over
100 lots listed, the vast majority of which are exceptional collection
pieces - and only 6 of them have a reserve/minimum bid! (and most
of those are on modest pieces, not the full slices of MANY lunars and
Martians being offered).
        This is going to be one VERY active auction!
        After a week of nearly constant work in photoshop and struggling
with my web softwear, I now believe I have every photo properly
proportioned in size and matched to the proper lot number and with
a click-to link to its respective full sized photo.
        So, WELCOME to view the 2006 Tucson Auction on line catalog at:

http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/AuctionTucson06.html

        Within a few days I expect the two or three open slots to fill and
will make a link from which one can, if one chooses, print the catalog
for themselves - with no "background," smaller print and most of the
various information contained on the site omitted (specimen descriptions
will, of course, remain).
        Anyone wanting to enter items after this time needs to contact me
right away, as I am looking at a 125 item limit to keep the auction to keep
within the more comfortable time line of last year. Obviously, early
submissions (from about 10 different participants) with very few
minimum bid/reserves has made it possible to be very selective about
what will be accepted from this point on. People interested need to send
specs and jpgs right away and specify if a reserve/minimum bid is required.
(I will not be accepting mailed in submissions unless they are without a
reserve/minimum bid).
        Also, arrangements have been made with the VFW hall to have food
available from the no host bar from 5:30 to 8:30PM. and will include
Hamburgers, Sandwiches, Lg Pretzels, Tacos, Sodas, Club Sandwiches, etc.
(my experience with bar food is about 80% of the places are surprisingly
decent - and I am told the prices are modest here & the sandwiches are
particularly good). This will make it possible for people to either eat
dinner here or at least have a decent snack to hold them over for a late
dinner after the auction concludes.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
The thing sometimes has me hazy is whether it is them or I that's crazy.
        Albert Einstein