[meteorite-list] Re: Total Number of Meteorites?

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Dec 6 20:00:38 2005

Hi Geoff and all,

The quote as I remember it (don't ask me where from) is the total number
of meteorites is less than the total output of Platinum per year. It has
to come from some of my reading over the past 10 years ago. Since the
big crater events only represent one fall, same material, and the
reporter is interested in numbers the interest in crater weight is only
good for the out put of gold/platinum saying. Best and hope this helps.

--AL Mitterling