[meteorite-list] Total Number of Meteorites?

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 7 13:59:29 2005

I'm not a philosopher,
but both of your definitions mean to me correct definitions for price, not
for value.

Two examples:
"how much something costs to produce":

How much it costs to produce a child?
A hopefully romantic evening and a glass of wine.
Price: 5$.
How high is the value of a child? I hope endless high.

"how much someone is willing to pay for something":

How much the United States were willing to pay to Russia for Alaska?
Price 7.2 million $.
Value? Ask the patriots :-)

How much you personally value a price or price a personal value,
is at least not an universal variable to describe a market....

Cheerio!
Martin