[meteorite-list] Total Number of Meteorites and "effeteness"

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 8 15:48:43 2005

"Yes, it was those unpredictable and unexplicable "feelings" that I was
alluding to. Why we collectors stare at and handle these rocks requires
a knowledge and appreciation unknown to "outsiders". I for one cherish
my inclusion in such an esoteric group."

"I've never read a statement that was more effete."

Is there again a breeze of aggressiveness hovering over our heads?
Very Christmassy, I must say. There is not one unpleasant word in the
original statement above, so why not restrain from offensive remarks
like "effete". I, for one, prefer Jerry's slightly pathetic wording to the
provocational content of "effete" = lacking in wholesome vigor, decadent,
degenerate (Reference: Random Webster's).

Bernd