[meteorite-list] AD: Villalbeto de la Pena, Spain

From: Dieter Heinlein <dieter.heinlein_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 14 12:55:23 2005

Dear meteorite enthusiasts,

for those, who had not the chance to secure a nice piece of the Spanish
meteorite fall "Villalbeto de la Pena" of January 4, 2004, there is a last
chance now.

During the third (and last) field trip of our search team into this strewfield
the harvest was much lower than expected, since the area has been searched
very well and cleaned up in the meantime. Nevertheless, our group did not
return with empty hands!

One of the three recent (L6) meteorite specimens from the September 2005
expedition was cut into very neat, fully crusted slices.
Some of them were already sold to customers that have placed a reservation.
But two or three complete slices (between 3 g und 7 g) are still available.

If you are interested, please e-mail me off list, and I will send you details and
pictures of this fascinating material.

In the June 2005 issue of "Meteoritics and Planetary Science" (MaPS) a nice
article on the fall circumstances and analysis of the "Villalbeto de la Pena"
meteorite was published. A printed copy of this article comes with every slice.
There will be another MaPS publication about the trajectory of the fireball and
the heliocentric orbit of the meteoroid soon.
OK, the calculation was not as precise as in the case of the famous meteorite
"Neuschwanstein". But with the available videos/photos it was possible to re-
construct a reliable orbit.

So, if you are interested in a meteorite with a nice history and a perfect docu-
mentation, please get in touch with me - before this rare material is gone.

Kind regards

Dieter Heinlein
Bavarian Meteorite Lab