[meteorite-list] Introduction

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 15 13:10:18 2005

Hello Listers,

I wanted to post, as a new member of this list, a bit of introduction. I
have been an amateur atronomer since I was a child and have only recently
begun collecting meteorites after finding a meteorwrong [vesicular basalt]
here in New England. I have purchased a number of meteorites from eBay
over the last month or so. I also plan to pick up a metal detector and do
some hunting on my own, with GPS of course. Time for some strewfield
stidies.

I have a question for the list;

Is there an ethical market for meterowrongs? I've seen a few go on eBay,
but don't know whether people really lnow what they are buying when they
bid on these items. You can view my meteorwrong at;

http://www.webbers.com/meteorites.html

Not offering for sale here, just passing on some pics.

Anyway, I'm happy to be among this illustrious company and look forward to
learning proper, ethical methods for acquiring for my budding collection.
I have ordered a number of books on the subject and scour the net daily
for more info. Eventually I will become knowlegable enough to participate
here. For now I read and learn.

Thanks for all your fantastic info you all post here. Makes me want to
get a degree in astrophysics and earth sciences just to fill out my
knowledge. Unfortunately I'm 54 and all of my physics classes were at the
school level many moons ago.

Best,

Gary Foote
gary_at_webbers.com