[meteorite-list] Newbie needs help identifying a meteorite(?)

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 18 20:38:22 2005

>From one relatively newbie to another it sounds like a Tektite - earth melted upon impact
and remelted after being thrown above the atmosphere and reenterning. Glassy in
nature... You say it is oblong or at least has a tapered end? That is a regular feature
of many tektites - formed by the aear-forces of reentry upon the plastic nature of the
superheated earth.

Now, let's hear the rest on this list rip me wrong. Ha!

How about a picture? I'd love to see it.

Best,

Gary