[meteorite-list] Can you give me a second? (GPS, a kiss & time)

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Dec 27 04:24:13 2005

Doug writes:
>Nowadays, days are a bit more than 86,400.002 seconds, so we
>are loosing about two tenths of a second every three years.
>We'll be around four tenths of a second in another second if this
>interval continues.

Oops two corrections:
1) I forgot to put the web site for the "Men in Black"; a good place to
start is:
_http://www.iers.org/iers/contact/_ (http://www.iers.org/iers/contact/)

2) The above should obviously say 2 seconds, not two tenths, every 3 years,
and four seconds each three years, not four tenths in another CENTURY from
now. Good Night!
Doug