[Fwd: Re: [meteorit-l] [Fwd: Re: [meteorite-list] Any of you collectors also divers?]]

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 30 12:57:21 2005

Forwarding this to the list on behalf of Marko Pekkola from URSA
astronomical association ;

Dear receivers of this list,

I am not a member of list and I dont know if my message will reach you,
but I would like to say a couple of things before something worse happens.

Juhani Harjunharja IS NOT a chair of Ursa Astronomical association
of Finland (which has 12 700 members). Instead he is running a local star
group in a village high up in Lappland.

Harjunharja is a school teacher. He is an active, welcomed advocate for
astronomy teaching in schools. From his statements to the press one
can (and all of you can) deduct that he just does not happen to know
deeply this particular special field of astronomy. Somebody has invented
this thing and then the press has asked the local star club leader of what
is this thing. An then at some stage it goes to Reuters or what ever.
Please imagine the rest.

There?s already two versions out there. In the other one the "crater" is
50 meters, in the other 300 meters. I am waiting for the one in which
it has broadened to 30 kilometers (and has wiped out the mankind).

Best regards,

Marko Pekkola
T?hdet ja avaruus

--