[meteorite-list] Exogenic Fulgurites-withdrawal

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Dec 31 02:12:28 2005

Hey,

There is no call for retraction. You've described
another, similar phenomenon, which sheds more light on
the whole story. As we discussed privately, this
Elko, Nevada story involves glass sprayed from
horizontal fulgurite tube arrays developed in thin
pebbly soil over electrically resistive quartzite
bedrock. So indeed, the basaltic lava flow connection
won't work in this case. But Sergey Vasileyev (sp?
sorry) has unquestioned "exogenic fulgurites"
(although not so labeled) on his website that formed
where lightning struck bare basaltic bedrock. So we
may now have two ways to melt basalt droplets.

Cool.

This list is (should be) all about comparing notes,
thinking thoughts outloud, and speculating on
connections.

Thanks,
Norm
http://tektitesource.com