[meteorite-list] HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM NEW ZEALAND

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Dec 31 07:32:12 2005

Well, my first New Years in New Zealand was kind of
cool. Fireworks from the top of the tallest building
in the Southern Hemisphere and my first guinness of
the new years afterwards. Being from canada it seems
out of place to be able to have a new years drink on
an outdoor patio wearing shorts and a t-shirt (and not
because you want to join the polar bear club).
Here in New Zealand we get to celebrate New Years
before anybody else, which is kinda cool (although the
downside is that everybody else is all having fun and
our party is all over).
Happy new year to all
Cheers
DEAN