[meteorite-list] Lunar meteorite and Tucson show news & Photo's

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 3 02:52:04 2005

Arizona Keith wrote:

> Michael Franco of Caillou Noir, He's on the 2nd floor above Room 222
just
> above Alain Carion room.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/tucson2005franco1.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/tucson2005franco2.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/tucson2005caillounoir1.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/tucson2005caillounoir2.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/tucson2005caillour3.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/tucson2005caillour4.jpg

If you're in Tucson, you've got to see that Diogenite! A truly amazing
piece. Michel is a heck of a nice guy. I made sure to pick up some
nice specimens! There's also some nice LL3, some full slices of IMB and
a really fine giant chondrite just inside the front door. It's very
fresh and it would make a great stool for a meteorite hunter to rest
upon. :-) Some awesome razor thin Safat slices (CK3 - publication
pending) and nicely priced Sahara 02500 (L3 S2 W1 - Met Bull #88). Many
fine unique pieces and of course some great unclassified stones.

I picked us some beautiful Libyan Desert Glass at Alain Carion's room -
the best I've ever seen. Each one displayed one or more of the special
features associated with LDG. I had a nice chat with everyone in the
room including Alain's son and Anne Black. They have a great assortment
of impactites and some nice Tatahouine specimens. One of a few rooms
that deserve more than one visit.

Thanks for the great photos Keith - Tomorrow I'll try to have a second
look at Michael Farmer's great Lunar (I hope it's still around...).

Clear skies to all,

Mark Bowling
Vail, AZ