[meteorite-list] Boston area Bolide

From: ks1u <ks1u_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 4 09:22:07 2005

Charles:
     I did not see anything at the time and date you stated. I live in SE
CT and my computer desk faces toward the Boston area through several 9 foot
high windows. I was at the computer until 1 AM on Thursday morning and the
visibility is good enough to see stars and satellites even with the ambient
light inside the house. This must have been fairly low. Although this may
be wishful thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that some material may
have made it to the ground. We still have decent snow cover here, although
the rain last night helped reduce the depth, but after the snow melts people
may be finding stones that weren't there before the blizzard. It would be
nice to take a helicopter ride to look for craters in the snow.

George