[meteorite-list] Inexpensive displays for small meteorites

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 7 19:18:22 2005

Last night I went on a quest for inexpensive individual display boxes for small meteorites. I came
up with something that seems ideally suited for them. I don't know if they have ever been mentioned
on the list before, but it turns out that there are clear plastic cubes for storing/displaying
individual sports balls. I ordered a dozen golf ball sized ones for $10.00, but for larger
meteorites you could get them sized to fit hockey pucks, baseballs, footballs, basketballs, and a
few other sizes, and if you shop around on Ebay you can get even the baseball sized ones for less
than $1.00 each in bulk. Some of them are listed on Ebay under the name "ballqube" or "ball qube".
They should be great for chondrites and I'm thinking that they would even work for irons if you put
a package of dessicant in there and sealed the seams.