[meteorite-list] AD-New Meteorite Balneario El Condor

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 9 21:42:17 2005

Hello:
I have a few slices of my new meteorite prepared. Please email if
interested.
Also the main mass is posted on my site.

Balneario el Condor
Rio Negro Province, Argentina
Found: February 12, 2000; probably Fell Nov. 5, 1998
Classification: L6, S4, W1
A single, completely fusion crusted stone weighing 6900 grams was found
by a gold prospector on Balneario el Condor beach. The finder supplied
information from local newspapers of a large fireball glowing green and
blue, seen travelling from W-E over central Argentina that detonated
over Viedma, Argentina on Nov. 5, 1998. The find location is at the
terminus suggested in the newspaper. Due to the very minor weathering
of the stone, it is possible the meteorite is from the Nov. 5, 1998
event.

Thanks!

Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites