[meteorite-list] "L o s t" orders

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 11 12:09:32 2005

Svend wrote:

> from the US failed to reach me in Germany.

Mike had written before:

> I am assuming that it is German customs ...

Whereas a package from Nels Oakes took only 8 days
to arrive here at my home, another from Greg arrived
here only after an exhausting odyssey of 4 (!) weeks.

As Mike was assuming, it was once again the bothersome
German customs authorities who had their hands in this ploy:

=> package opened
=> the Hupe envelope we are all familiar with :-) opened
=> packing material opened

Of course, everything had been put back where it belonged
and given an official green stamp "Opened by ..."

About one year ago, another order from Mike Farmer fell into
the hands of both the German customs authorities and the
German, local mail company, appeared at two of our post offices,
disappeared and was gone until it resurfaced in Tucson after about
3 months! Oh well, ... ... ...

Interestingly, my packages from Dean Bessey have never been
opened or delayed. Maybe mail from Canada is less suspicious
to the customs people ... who knows !?!?

Bernd