[meteorite-list] Tucson Friends and Fanatics

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 13 02:30:20 2005

Hello everyone, I'm really disappointed for not having more of an opportunity to have hung out at the birthday bash to the end with all the friendly faces, but the limo (Thanks very sincerely mis dos amigos) was turning into a pumpkin on us so we had to split. Every expedition always seems to have something special about it, and you are all such a nice crowd. Tucson 2005 had two especially high points that I will always remember- First the honor and pleasure of meeting for the first time in person Ingrid 'Twink' Monrad with Jim Kreigh. If a rock can have a story, Gold Basin now rings with THE wonderful fairy tale in my very modest but cherished collection. And secondly, well Mike, you really are very a kind person to let me touch the fabulous moon rock. Now I know as a fact and not just conjecture, that the moon is really not made of swiss cheese, and it looks like there really isn't a rabbit in the moon, either. My wishes are with you and the team next time soon come back really mooning us bigtime. H
ope to catch up with everyone soon! Picked up a few other space concretes, magmas and enigmatic glasses, but nothing to risk tooting about in such distinguished company and royalty here. Scratched into one of the stools a the party...

I went to Tucson
But now I'm gone
Left my change
to jingle on