[meteorite-list] Costs

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 13 17:26:35 2005

In ALL things it is good to remember that all things are relative.
        On my income, a don't hesitate to get something I want that
is under $50, hesitate little under $100 and a once or twice a
year, between $100 and $500 is ok. In Tucson, I MIGHT spend over
$1,000 for something special for my own collection (this is all
unrelated, of course, to purchases for resale, which can go up to
$10,000 - but are an entirely different story).
        For someone else, under $10 and rarely, between $50 and$100.
        For another, Under $5,000 is of little consequence and something
they really want under $50,000 is fine.
        It depends on your income. It is all relative.
        That is one of the great things about this "hobby," as Chicago
Steve calls it - you can have a very cool collection at almost any price
level.
        I saw a VERY impressive collection at a friend's home in Tucson
that might have had only two or three pieces over $100 ! they were
all very small - and VERY impressive, taken all together, and so very
excellently displayed. I was actually blown away by his collection. A
true inspiration - and well over 99% of the pieces were under $100,
I am sure.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen