[meteorite-list] More Bob Haag

From: Bob King <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 13 23:27:35 2005

Well, I must chime in here with my short tale about Bob. Like Stan I
bought my first meteorite many years ago from Bob and this Tucson
was also my first opportunity to meet him. He was of such good cheer
and enthusiasm and it didn't matter if he was meeting someone brand
new to meteorites or old enthusiasts. I purchased a modest slice of
Lamont from Bob. I pointed to the pretty piece and asked how much he
wanted. His reply was "How 'bout 80 bucks" and it was sold. A friend
bought a superb small slice of Esquel and inquired on how many grams
it weighed. Bob said he "didn't do grams" and just offered it to him for a
nice discount. When we got back to the car and weighed it the price
came to under $10/gram. It was about the nicest small slice I'd ever
seen. There was an ease and a spirit of generosity about Bob that was
inspirational. Meeting him was one of the trip's highlights.
Bob