[meteorite-list] we are all idiots!

From: Tom Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 16 12:54:20 2005

Hi List, a little story;
 I like to share the world of meteorites with people, like I am sure all of
us do. I showed a meteorite to a guy who graduated college with a 4.0 gpa.
He asked me why I "thought" it was a meteorite. I explained fusion crust,
the chondrules and Nickel and such, but he refused to believe it was a
meteorite! Then he asked me where I got it, I told him I bought it on ebay,
then the S*^$ hit the fan! He said "your an f#&#ing idiot, someone puts a
rock on ebay and calls it a meteorite and you bought it" I then explained
the meteorite market and that ebay is one of the best markets for
meteorites. He responded, "then your all a bunch of idiots, all my schooling
was pointless, I can make more money off all the stupid people in this
world, I will sell rocks on ebay as meteorites too, if people like you will
buy them!
   Have you ever ran into people like this? I am sure he is not the only
one. I wonder how many meteor-wrong sellers on ebay are selling them just
thinking we are stupid enough to buy them? I told him he would not last an
hour before his mail box was full of emails telling him his rock is not a
meteorite! Oh well, you can't win them all!
Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><
IMCA 6168
http://www.frontiernet.net/~peregrineflier/Peregrineflier.htm