[meteorite-list] Re: Blood Auction Results

From: RYAN PAWELSKI <yellowengine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 18 02:56:52 2005

I see your point, and I agree to a certain extent. However, I really don't think that providing the results would affect the meteorite market, because there really is no consistant market anymore. For example, I've see NWA 482 go for $5,000/g, and I've seen it go for $2500/g. One dealer charges $6/g for a chondrite fall, and another charges $12/g. I'm not saying all meteorites values are like this, but many do have a wide price margin. Basically, any meteorite is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at a given time. Have you ever seen a $600 television set at one Merchant and $1200 at another? Less face it, the meteorite market is kinda screwed up.

Ryan