[meteorite-list] Ad - Please Ignore!!!! Way off topic!!!! Stating the OBVIOUS!??

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 18 16:19:18 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:10:40 -0600, "Jerry A. Wallace" <jwal2000_at_swbell.net> wrote:

>like few things before or since. I well remember all the kickin', screamin',
>shoutin', and hollerin' that the proposal caused. "Yessiree and by
>dang," they
>shouted in unison, "the old methods of using inches, feet, yards,
>fractions,
>quarts, gallons and the like were good enough for our forefathers, so by
>jingo,
>they're good enough for us."

Well, in their defense, I think the "pro-metric" people pushed them overboard when they insisted
that the song "Inchworm" be changed to "Twopointfivefourcentimeterworm". And it didn't help that
the powerful tobacco industry didn't want the slogan "I'd walk one point six oh nine three four four
kilometers for a Camel".