[meteorite-list] centimeter cubes cont.

From: martinh_at_isu.edu <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 18 17:00:29 2005

Adam wrote:

Oh, this is about metric versus the other standard (English). I thought it
was about something else.

Hi Adam et. al.

I thought the problem was that some folks believed that the labeled cube was 'used' to indicate some scientific connection with other professional cube users like NASA.

I use cubes all the time, but ones without labels. Only because I have no reason to use a labeled one unless I document the specimen's position in the box or envelope I pull it out of.

Anyway, the most surprising thing I have heard when someone sees a cube in person is just how small one is. A cubic centimeter is a tiny measurement.

Cheers,

Martin H.