[meteorite-list] Venting.

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 20 22:58:40 2005

Hi Dave:
Good topic. I do not see it the same way you do. I am a dealer and
collector which is a dangerous combination, and I cannot keep everything
I buy. As always with most of the bigger dealers, you have to sell some
things to buy others and most do this to expand their collections...just
like Bob did. I know Bob pretty well and he blessed the specimens I
bought from him with the statement..."you will do good with these,
Matt". Even he did not care and knows that his name is used with the
specimens. He is a gentleman but is also great businessman and marketer.
Same for Nininger, Huss, and Monnig. They were hard-core collectors but
also dealt meteorites to put food on the table. We all buy and sell
specimens from those guys, and yes, I intentially buy specimens with
labels from Nininger, Huss, etc...just for resale! That is what my
customers want and they will in turn, be appreciated once again.

I bought a few pieces from Bob, about half are sold, the other half are
staying with me.

The world goes on....

Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites