[meteorite-list] 1902 Bath Furnace and 1916 possible Baxter Meteorite NPA's

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 24 21:00:08 2005

Paper: Sunday Review
Date: Decatur, Illinois
Date: Sunday, November 16, 1902
Page: 1 (of 16)

A METEOR FELL

Kentucky and Ohio See Its Glare.

     Lexington, Ky., Nov. 15. - A meteor of great brilliancy fell here this
evening. The light produced was intense.
     Norwood, O., Nov. 15. - A meteor passed over this place this evening.
It illuminated the country for some seconds.

(end)

Paper: The Washington Post
City: Washington, D.C.
Date: Wednesday, January 19, 1916
Page: 6 (of 14)

     The most remarkable feature of that enormous meteor falling in Ohio is
that not a single presidential candidate sustained appreciable injuries.

(end)

Hello list,

The Baxter meteorite fell the day before the last article, which might, or
likely is, the meteor referred to. These where both short so I put them
together, they are not related articles. (Trying not to confuse anyone.)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

Lots of $0.99 auctions currently running and more being listed tonight......

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post (and about 1/2 of those on my
website), is available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.