[meteorite-list] OT: Hunting the Harper - Parts 1-4

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 26 23:02:03 2005

Hi Bob and List,

Haven't seen anyone else chime in yet, but I wanted to thank you
for forwarding this 4-part aircraft debris story to the list. Very
enjoyable -- particularly since I've been to Harper Dry Lake a few
times hunting for meteorites so it was easy for me to visualize
the areas described in the story!

As you say, too bad they weren't trained to look for meteorites
as long as they were out there, since it's the same basic problem.
On the flipside, I suppose I should keep a sharper eye out for
old military debris while hunting for meteorites -- certainly
seem to be plenty of aircraft wrecks in and around the Mojave.
(Cuddeback Dry Lake was the site of a military crash also). --Rob