[meteorite-list] RE: A meteorite within a meteorite

From: Tom Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 27 11:47:08 2005

"Not trying to be picky about terminology, but would not "meteor within a
meteorite" be the scientifically correct statement here? OR, just the fact
that it was encapsulated still makes it a meteorite, since it made it to the
ground."

Good in theory, but wouldn't that same principle make the center of any
meteorite a meteor? All of the regroths and breccias, and even graphite
nodules would fit into that category, would they not?

Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><
IMCA 6168
http://www.frontiernet.net/~peregrineflier/Peregrineflier.htm