[meteorite-list] OT: BTK Captured...Wichita breathes relief

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 27 18:17:18 2005

Hello list,

This is off subject, but I can bring meteorite up….

You might remember from my article on the Wichita meteorite in Meteorite
Times that a local serial killer returned last year. It happened to be the
same time that me and Jerry Calvert put on a local display so he brought us
extra press.

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/wichitaexperience.html

Since that time the “BTK” (Bind them, Torture them, Kill them) has been
haunting the city and the local police. Doing so, the city has gained
international attention.

Yesterday the Wichita Police announced the arrest of the BTK. Our local
serial killer has been caught! He left lots of DNA samples everywhere and
therefore a conviction is most likely.

He has been credited with 10 murders right now with a few more possible
victims. Thankfully he hadn’t murdered in 15 years., that we know of at
least.

The police pretty much DNA tested the entire town that fit the age and
profile. Thousands of DNA’s were submitted. I had a few interesting ties
to the BTK, although the first murder was two months before I was born, so I
can rule me out pretty easily.

The police tested my father’s DNA….and tried to take a second test.

One of my uncles were tested.

Another one of my uncles had his business phone number put on a
communication from BTK.

If you placed a circle around the crime zones…..I am in the middle.

The BTK went to my college.

The BTK is an amateur writer and poet.

I know one of the victim’s family.

It is hard to imagine that someone that hadn’t killed in 15 years could
spawn so much fear. The survivors of his killings have had their lives
ruined. It is quite sad. You can go down the list of the then children and
pretty much all have been in and out of jail and have had drug problems,
plus. It was quite reflective watching the families gather in the city hall
yesterday. The father of one victim was bubbling with joy. It made me shed
a tear. As the chief of police said, "We got him."

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com