[meteorite-list] Please edit messages

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 4 10:04:23 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 00:23:25 -0700, you wrote:

>Heck, I didn't know any better - every email I've ever seen has the old
>email on bottom. I guess I missed that net-etiquette class at the Uni. I
>always start at the top and when I reply to several things, I reply below
>each point - I guess I use the "over & under" or compound method. :-) I
>think most people on the list are like me, they're fairly new to newsgroups,
>mailing lists, etc. (I'm so green I don't know the difference between all
>the different kinds of groups). So I think it's going to happen for some

It isn't a HUGE deal, at least to me, unless someone goes out of their way to make it a huge deal.
Which is why I was sure to say that MILITANT top-posters get killfiled-- that class of posters who
always make a point of mentioning (or even focusing on) in every post how superior they are for
top-posting and how anyone who doesn't top-post is an idiot (and there are more than just a handful
of those). If it is an otherwise "normal" poster who just happens to top-post, I cope. But it does
screw with the flow of the thread.

Follow this link for more on the topic:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=top+posting