[meteorite-list] Meteorite coin (NWA 267)

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 5 12:12:03 2005

Lars note, "If anybody out there is still interested in getting the
fantastic meteorite coin from Liberia, I can help you.

It can be seen here:
http://www.meteoritearticles.com/NWA267.html

It comes in a wood presentation case with a hand-rubbed finish and a
Certicate of Authenticity that gives the provenance of the meteorite.

It is made of two ounces of .999 sterling silver, and is one of only 999
pieces minted."

Hello Lars and list,

I am really amazed at how nice of a coin that made. It is also pretty
large, I collect coins and it is the largest coin in my collection in
general. The certificate has my name and a copy of my signature inside it.
It is kind of unusual to see my name certifying a silver government coin.

If anyone purchased one of these coins and would like, they can send me the
certificate (along with a SASE) and I will hand sign and return it. Likewise
if you are going to Tucson on have one of the coins, bring along the
certificate and I can sign it in person for you.

I think at some time they will try making another meteorite coin. We have
talked a little about this but not really settled anything were I should
even mention it.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com