[meteorite-list] gmails

From: Jim Strope <jim_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 5 13:24:49 2005

I usually don't give a crap about these off topic arguments but this time I
thought I would familiarize myself with gmail by looking at the links John
Birdsell provided. I suggest anyone considering googles free email read
these before signing up. It is NOT like Yahoo mail or Hotmail. Check out
just one quote I lifted from John's informative links:

This is forbidden, under German privacy laws, Andreas Hermann of the German
Federal Data Protection Commission told a Hanover newspaper yesterday. In
Germany, email, fax and phone conversations are considered to be
confidential. Snooping on email is permitted only when substantial criminal
activity is suspected."

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038