[meteorite-list] gmails

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 5 15:11:31 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:09:58 -0700, "Michael Farmer" <meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>Still, we come to the question, what does 1 gig free space have to do with
>meteorites?
>About the same as free pet food, nothing.
>Take it to a google free gemail mailing list.

I would assume it is because those people concider people on this list to be a peer group of
"friends"-- and since they concider Gmail accounts to be something of limited availability (they
are-- you have to be given one by someone who already has one) and of value (again, 1 gigabite of
storage for those who aren't concerned about tinfoil-hat big brother paranoia) and whish to make
them available to their "friends". As-- you know-- a friendly gesture. They simply weren't
expecting to get a different gesture in return-- a hearty middle finger from you.

But you know what they say-- no good deed goes unpunished.