[meteorite-list] A Call For A New Meteorite List

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 5 15:35:15 2005

I was working on such a project and decided to throw in the towel because
another site was put into to place and nobody took advantage of it. I even
developed a cyber bar where interested parties could pull up a stool and
talk about what subject interested them. A cyber bouncer was supposed to
monitor language and 86 users who used foul words.

The costs were running into the thousands with no end in sight and I felt
the money would be better spent on our collection. The List has become the
standard so learn to live with it. I agree these OT subjects are becoming
increasingly boring. I may only read about 10% of what is being posted. In
the past I used to read about 90% so the content is definitely becoming less
interesting.

Things like personal hardships, politics and promoting non-meteorite related
services have no place in this forum. Disagreements are alright just as
long as they are handled in debate and do not become too personal. Foul
language should never be tolerated.

The List can only be improved by the people who use it. Developing a new
site will not work as it has already been tried.

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock
IMCA 2185