[meteorite-list] A Call For A New Meteorite List

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 5 20:01:14 2005

We all seem to have an account on this LIST ?? (we get monthly messages now about our account)
Maybe there are ways to limit user access over a period of time w/settings?

We could have a group of volunteers that would help Art to monitor things and change personal access settings. (a vote within account group)
The group could be changed out over periods of time...allowing many of the LIST's participants to be involved over the years to come.

Make it so the USERS are thrown off for being considered a knuckle-head who can't keep within rules. (Times of probation or of being thrown off for good would be at discretion of the account team.)

For me in particular: Limit SALES pitches and TRADE offers to 5 times(+/-) a month from a person/dealer group. Have a small group be responsible for counting and informing Art's account team of issues. Place on probation and/or throw off for period of time.

Other issues that could be addressed:

Language
Attacks
BS threads
Being an idiot(*)
etc.

John

(*) I probably will be given some time to "cool off" on occasion under my plan. Oh well. :)

-------------- Original message from "Jim Strope" <jim_at_catchafallingstar.com>: --------------