[meteorite-list] RE: New Lucerne discovery -- historical info first

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 6 01:09:32 2005

In a message dated 1/5/2005 9:32:24 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_saic.com writes:
One thing's for sure -- if we do nothing, this list will die.
The passive approach isn't going to fix it. My intent was
to try to breathe some life back into the list and perhaps
inspire others to share similar stories. But when "content"
messages are met with a chorus of crickets while bad-mouthing
and off-topic subjects earn a symphony of responses, the current
may already be too strong to swim upstream. Still, when I
consider this list's longevity, I feel it deserves some sort
of "show of hands" before effectively issuing a DNR and pulling
the plug.

Rob,
Please go on with the next segment.
There are still people here who are interested.
As I have already told Michael Johnson, you do not write / publish pictures
for the few noisy ones, but for the vast quiet attentive audience.
Ignore the hecklers, and please remember the quiet ones.

(Maybe it is time for the quiet ones to speak up!)

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.